Flour, for Dredging
1 Egg, Raw
1 C/60g (Approx.) Fine Dry Breadcrumbs
Handful Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Handful Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated
1 Pkg Johnsonville Lightly Seasoned Ground Sausage
4 Large Medium-Boiled Eggs, Peeled
Peanut or Grapeseed Oil, for Frying
1. Pour about ½ C (60g) flour onto a plate.
2. Beat the raw egg in a small bowl.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, and Parmesan and spread on another plate.
4. Divide the sausage meat into four equal parts.
5. Working one boiled egg at a time, dip it in the flour to cover, then shake off any excess.
6. Flatten a section of sausage meat in the palm of the hand, lay the egg in it, then wrap around like a blanket, eventually smoothing it out so that the egg has an even “shell” of sausage all around it.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining eggs.
8. Heat about two inches of oil in a small saucepan with a rip of bread in it. When the bread sizzles, remove it, and keep the temperature of the oil steady.
9. Take a sausage-wrapped egg and dip it first in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat completely. Lower it on a slotted spoon into the oil and cook, turning, until the sausage meat is completely cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with the slotted spoon and dab with paper towel to dry, then continue with the remaining eggs.
Cut in half to serve warm or at room temperature, with or without salad, perhaps with pickles and cheese, and definitely some cold beer.