Flourless Hazelnut & Honey Cookies
• Butter for Baking Sheet
• Flour for Baking Sheet (Club House Gluten Free Rice Flour Can Be Used as a Substitute)
• ½ Tsp. Club House Caramel Extract (French Vanilla or Lemon Extract Can Be Used as a Substitute)
• 1 Large Pinch Club House Ground Cinnamon
• 1 C Billy Bee Honey
• 4 ½ C Blanched Hazelnuts
• 8 Egg Whites, Room Temperature
• Cake Mate Cookie Icings
• Cake Mate Scribblers
• Cake Mate Décors
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Butter and flour a baking sheet.
3. In a food processor with the blade attachment, finely chop the nuts.
4. Beat the egg whites to a soft peak in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a bowl using a handheld electric mixer, then add the nuts. Next, add cinnamon, honey, and the caramel extract. Mix to incorporate and use a flat spatula to transfer the contents of the bowl to a large pot. Cook on stove top over low heat for 5-10 minutes to dry the dough out a bit.
5. Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, form small balls of dough and drop them onto the buttered, floured baking sheet. Next, lay wax paper over the cookies and using a rolling pin or a flat surface, gently spread thin.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Once they look crisp, let them rest on a cooling rack, or forget that and eat them right away, while they are still hot, with milk.
7. Use cookie icing, scribbler gels and décor to decorate the cookies.