Our most delicious and satisfying recipes.
Category Archives: Breakfast/Brunch
Flour, for Dredging
1 Egg, Raw
1 C/60g (Approx.) Fine Dry Breadcrumbs
Handful Fresh Parsley, Chopped
Handful Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated
1 Pkg Johnsonville Lightly Seasoned Ground Sausage
4 Large Medium-Boiled Eggs, Peeled
Peanut or Grapeseed Oil, for Frying
1. Pour about ½ C (60g) flour onto a plate.
2. Beat the raw egg in a small bowl.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley, and Parmesan and spread on another plate.
4. Divide the sausage meat into four equal parts.
5. Working one boiled egg at a time, dip it in the flour to cover, then shake off any excess.
6. Flatten a section of sausage meat in the palm of the hand, lay the egg in it, then wrap around like a blanket, eventually smoothing it out so that the egg has an even “shell” of sausage all around it.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining eggs.
8. Heat about two inches of oil in a small saucepan with a rip of bread in it. When the bread sizzles, remove it, and keep the temperature of the oil steady.
9. Take a sausage-wrapped egg and dip it first in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat completely. Lower it on a slotted spoon into the oil and cook, turning, until the sausage meat is completely cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with the slotted spoon and dab with paper towel to dry, then continue with the remaining eggs.
Cut in half to serve warm or at room temperature, with or without salad, perhaps with pickles and cheese, and definitely some cold beer.
3 T Butter
1/3 C Light Sour Cream
4 Cups Frozen Hash Browns, Defrosted
1 1/2 C Light (Old/Sharp) Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1/3 C Canned Low-Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 C Finely Chopped Onion (Approximately 1 Small Onion)
1 Pkg (375 g) Johnsonville Maple Syrup Flavoured Sausages, Cooked and Cut into 1/4 Inch Pieces
Cook sausages according to package instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray.
Chop cooked sausage links into ¼ inch circles.
Cook onion in butter for 2 minutes on high in microwave.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the defrosted hash browns, onion cooked in butter, mushroom soup, sour cream, eggs, grated cheddar cheese and sausages.
Scoop mixture into muffin tins to the top and pack down tightly with spatula (ensure they are packed to the top to make for easier removal).
Bake for 20-30 minutes in pre-heated oven.
Remove from oven, let cool for about 3-5 minutes, then run a butter knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen the Maple Sausage Brunch Bites.
Let cool a full 10 minutes, run knife around edges once more, then carefully remove with a spatula and place on plates.
Serve immediately topped with salsa garnish and with fruit/fruit salad (optional)
*Optional: Garnish with 2 tsp. salsa
Serve with fruit
Yields: 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake/cook time: 30 minutes
Breakfast Potato Skins Ingredients
Serves 4 Hands-on Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 C 2% or Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ C Low-Fat Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 3 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- 6 Eggs, Whisked
- 1 Ripe Avocado, Diced
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Have a classic breakfast sandwich with a flavourful and calorie-saving twist.
Fat grams Calories
Before: 30g 550
After: 9g 231
Serves four (approximately 198 gram serving)
Coook time: approximately 5 minutes
Apple Cheddar Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
Sausage & Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Diced into ½-Inch Chunks
- 1 Tsp Smoked Sweet Paprika
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 1 Pkg Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausages
- 8 Large Eggs
- ½ Tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Pepper
- ¾ C Frozen Corn Niblets
- ¾ C Canned Black Beans
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 C Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
- 2 C All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp Blond Coconut Sugar or White Sugar
- ¾ C Cooked Corn Kernels
- 2 Beaten Eggs
- 1 ½ C Plus 2 Tbsp Buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 4 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Large Crystal of Maldon Sea Salt for Garnish
- Preheat a skillet to medium low heat.
- Combine all dry ingredients together with a whisk, then add corn kernels and mix well.
- Combine all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk well.
- Add wet to dry and mix until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Place batter on lightly oiled skillet and cook until bubbles just start to form on the top of the raw batter.
- Flip and cook for about 2 minutes or until the batter is fully cooked, approximately 2 more minutes.
- Serve with Maple Butter (recipe below) and a drizzle of honey
- 6 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 3 Pepperoni Links
- 1 Ball Buffalo Mozzarella
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- Ground Black Peppercorns
- Kosher Salt
- Pour beaten eggs into muffin cups.
- Add pepperoni and mozzarella pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out of muffin tin and sprinkle with chopped chives and paprika.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Diced Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Diced Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 Tsp Tomato Sauce
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Stem Fresh Tarragon, Picked
- In a large round shallow pot add enough water to come up the sides of the pot by 1/4”.
- Place a wire rack in the middle of the pot and bring the pot of water to the boil, reduce to a simmer.
- In an earthenware bowl, crack eggs making sure to keep yolks intact.
- Evenly add mushrooms, green onion, dollops of tomato sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place bowl on top of the wire rack inside the pot and cover with a fitted lid.
- Allow to steam for 6 minutes.
- Carefully remove hot bowl from the pot and place on a plate.
- Pick tarragon leaves from the stems and add to eggs.
- Serve immediately.