Our most delicious and satisfying recipes.
Category Archives: Appetizers
3 T Butter
1/3 C Light Sour Cream
4 Cups Frozen Hash Browns, Defrosted
1 1/2 C Light (Old/Sharp) Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1/3 C Canned Low-Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 C Finely Chopped Onion (Approximately 1 Small Onion)
1 Pkg (375 g) Johnsonville Maple Syrup Flavoured Sausages, Cooked and Cut into 1/4 Inch Pieces
Cook sausages according to package instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray.
Chop cooked sausage links into ¼ inch circles.
Cook onion in butter for 2 minutes on high in microwave.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the defrosted hash browns, onion cooked in butter, mushroom soup, sour cream, eggs, grated cheddar cheese and sausages.
Scoop mixture into muffin tins to the top and pack down tightly with spatula (ensure they are packed to the top to make for easier removal).
Bake for 20-30 minutes in pre-heated oven.
Remove from oven, let cool for about 3-5 minutes, then run a butter knife around the edge of each muffin cup to loosen the Maple Sausage Brunch Bites.
Let cool a full 10 minutes, run knife around edges once more, then carefully remove with a spatula and place on plates.
Serve immediately topped with salsa garnish and with fruit/fruit salad (optional)
*Optional: Garnish with 2 tsp. salsa
Serve with fruit
Yields: 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake/cook time: 30 minutes
Ingredients – Serves 6
1 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
½ C Panko Bread Crumbs, Toasted (See Instructions Below)
½ Tsp Sea Salt, Plus Additional to Taste
1 Large Egg
½ C Amarula, Divided
2 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
1 Lb Peeled and Deveined Extra-Large Shrimp, Tail-on, Patted Dry
1 Large Ripe Mango, Diced (or 1 ½ C Diced Frozen Mango, Defrosted)
1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Honey
½ Tsp Hot Sauce, or More to Taste (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine toasted panko bread crumbs, coconut and salt. In a second large bowl, whisk together the egg, ¼ cup of Amarula and flour until combined.
3. Working a few shrimp at a time, dredge shrimp in Amarula mixture, letting excess drain off. Then dredge shrimp in panko/coconut mixture, gently pressing to adhere and turning to coat on all sides. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining shrimp.
4. Mist shrimp with cooking spray and bake for about 10 minutes until coating is golden and shrimp are cooked through.
5. While shrimp are baking, prepare sauce. In a small food processor or blender, combine mango, remaining Amarula, lime juice, honey and hot sauce (if desired). Season with salt And serve alongside shrimp for dipping.
Toasted Panko Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss about 3 cups of panko breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of sea salt until combined.
2. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and mist with cooking spray.
3. Mix and mist again to evenly coat crumbs. Bake for 5-8 minutes until panko is medium golden brown. Panko will keep in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
• 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
• 3 Green Onions, Julienned
• 250 g Johnsonville Hot Italian Ground Sausage
• 1 Thumb-Size Piece Galangal OR Ginger, Grated
• 1/2 to 1 C Shredded Cabbage
• 1/2 C Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
• 1 Pkg Spring Roll Wrappers
• 1 Carrot, Julienned
• 1 Red Chili, Minced (if Desired)
• 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 2 C Bean Sprouts
• 4 Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
• Vegetable Oil for Deep Frying
Stir Fry Liquid Ingredients
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
• 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Add the soy sauce to quickly marinate the sausage.
2. In a wok, add oil; when it’s very hot, add the green onions, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the sausage and stir fry for 2 minutes on high.
4. Add the carrots, mushrooms, and cabbage and continue to cook for 1 minute, then add the stir fry liquid and red chili (if desired).
5. Mix in the bean sprouts and cilantro.
6. Remove from heat
7. Add a little bit of water to the outside edges of the spring roll wrapper.
8. Add about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture per spring roll wrapper. Take a corner of the spring roll and wrap around mixture, tucking the mixture in tightly as you roll. Fry the spring rolls at 180° C till golden brown and serve with a sweet chili sauce and fresh greens.
500g Minced Johnsonville Original Ground Pork
1 Small Onion, Finely Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/2 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
2 Tbsp Milk
75g Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Seasoning to Taste
Cilantro Springs (to Garnish)
1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
4 Cardamom Cods, Crushed
1 Stalk Lemongrass, Trimmed & Smashed
1 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
1 Knob Ginger, Peeled & Grated
300 Ml Chicken Stock
300 Ml Coconut Milk
100 Ml Water
1 to 2 Limes, Zested & Juiced
Sweat the onion down with half the oil and cook down with no colour till soft, add garlic then chili flakes. Place the meat into a cold bowl. Add the sautéed onion mixture, breadcrumbs, milk, and fresh cilantro. Mix thoroughly. Make as many golf ball size meatballs as you can from the mixture. Chill and reshape (optional). Heat the remaining oil and sauté the meatballs for 5 minutes or until brown on all sides, then remove from the pan.
In the same pan, toast the turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, lemongrass, chili, lime and ginger for several minutes. Add the stock, coconut milk, and water and bring to a boil. Add the meatballs and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the meatballs and strain.
Season the liquid with salt, lime zest and juice and garnish.
Breakfast Potato Skins Ingredients
Serves 4 Hands-on Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 C 2% or Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ C Low-Fat Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 3 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- 6 Eggs, Whisked
- 1 Ripe Avocado, Diced
How about a new version of tender ribs flavoured with a favourite super authentic spice aroma that will make you want to put this spice on everything!
Fat grams Calories
Before: 36.5g 586.25
After: 17.3g 330
Serves four (approximately 7 ounce serving)
Prep time: approximately 5 minutes
Cook time: approximately 60 minutes
Lime Chipotle Wings
- 2 Lbs Split Chicken Wings, Tips Removed (about 12 pieces)
- 2 Tsp Smoked Sweet Paprika
- 2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/3 C Honey
- 1 Canned Chipotle Pepper, Minced
- 2 Tsp Adobo Sauce from Can
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
Roasted Potato Salad with Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- 2 Lbs (approx.20) Baby Red & White Potatoes, Quartered
- ¼ C Canola Oil
- 3 Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 C Roasted Red Pepper, Chopped
- ½ C Dill Pickle, Chopped
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 3 Pieces Prosciutto, Sliced Thinly
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chives, Chopped
Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
- ¾ C Canola Oil
- ¼ C Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme, Minced
Apple Cheddar Muffins
Makes 12 muffins