Spiced Pork Spring Rolls with Fresh Greens and Chili Dressing:
• 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
• 3 Green Onions, Julienned
• 250 g Johnsonville Hot Italian Ground Sausage
• 1 Thumb-Size Piece Galangal OR Ginger, Grated
• 1/2 to 1 C Shredded Cabbage
• 1/2 C Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
• 1 Pkg Spring Roll Wrappers
• 1 Carrot, Julienned
• 1 Red Chili, Minced (if Desired)
• 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 2 C Bean Sprouts
• 4 Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
• Vegetable Oil for Deep Frying
Stir Fry Liquid Ingredients
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
• 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Add the soy sauce to quickly marinate the sausage.
2. In a wok, add oil; when it’s very hot, add the green onions, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the sausage and stir fry for 2 minutes on high.
4. Add the carrots, mushrooms, and cabbage and continue to cook for 1 minute, then add the stir fry liquid and red chili (if desired).
5. Mix in the bean sprouts and cilantro.
6. Remove from heat
7. Add a little bit of water to the outside edges of the spring roll wrapper.
8. Add about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture per spring roll wrapper. Take a corner of the spring roll and wrap around mixture, tucking the mixture in tightly as you roll. Fry the spring rolls at 180° C till golden brown and serve with a sweet chili sauce and fresh greens.