How about a new version of tender ribs flavoured with a favourite super authentic spice aroma that will make you want to put this spice on everything!
Fat grams Calories
Before: 36.5g 586.25
After: 17.3g 330
Serves four (approximately 7 ounce serving)
Prep time: approximately 5 minutes
Cook time: approximately 60 minutes
- 1 Rack Baby Back Ribs (1½ to 1¾ Lbs or 680-793g), Trimmed of All Visible Fat
- ¼ C (59ml) Salt Free Spice Blend
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Liquid Smoke
- ¾ C (177ml) Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp (43ml) Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, Roughly Chopped
- 12 Garlic Cloves, Roughly Chopped
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lay a 2-foot-long piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, and set it aside. Cut the rib rack in half; season it generously with 3 tablespoons of the Salt Free Spice Blend and place the ribs on the prepared baking sheet meat side down. In a medium bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, ketchup, liquid smoke, garlic, onions and remaining Spice Blend. Pour the sauce over the meat and fold up the edges of the foil to make a tightly sealed package. Place in the oven and bake about 60 minutes. Then turn oven down to 250°F and cook until they are tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
Remove the ribs and place on a cutting board. Slice in-between the bones and create 4 portions.
- If you want, you can cook these babies outside on a hot grill to blacken the spice mixture, then wrap them and turn the grill to low and place the package on the grates with no direct heat.