Category Archives: Uncategorized
Ingredients – Serves 6
1 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
½ C Panko Bread Crumbs, Toasted (See Instructions Below)
½ Tsp Sea Salt, Plus Additional to Taste
1 Large Egg
½ C Amarula, Divided
2 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
1 Lb Peeled and Deveined Extra-Large Shrimp, Tail-on, Patted Dry
1 Large Ripe Mango, Diced (or 1 ½ C Diced Frozen Mango, Defrosted)
1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Honey
½ Tsp Hot Sauce, or More to Taste (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine toasted panko bread crumbs, coconut and salt. In a second large bowl, whisk together the egg, ¼ cup of Amarula and flour until combined.
3. Working a few shrimp at a time, dredge shrimp in Amarula mixture, letting excess drain off. Then dredge shrimp in panko/coconut mixture, gently pressing to adhere and turning to coat on all sides. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining shrimp.
4. Mist shrimp with cooking spray and bake for about 10 minutes until coating is golden and shrimp are cooked through.
5. While shrimp are baking, prepare sauce. In a small food processor or blender, combine mango, remaining Amarula, lime juice, honey and hot sauce (if desired). Season with salt And serve alongside shrimp for dipping.
Toasted Panko Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss about 3 cups of panko breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of sea salt until combined.
2. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and mist with cooking spray.
3. Mix and mist again to evenly coat crumbs. Bake for 5-8 minutes until panko is medium golden brown. Panko will keep in a sealed container for up to 3 months.
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 Pizza Dough (1 1/2 Lbs)
½ C Flour (for Dusting)
1 Large Zucchini, Sliced into ¼-inch Thick Strips
3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Divided
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
½ Tsp Sea Salt, Plus Additional to Taste
¼ Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Plus Additional to Taste
2 Tbsp Fine Cornmeal
1 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
¼ C Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ Large Sweet Potato, Peeled & Thinly Sliced
1 Large Plum Tomato, Seeded and Diced
½ C Crumbled Feta Cheese
Reynolds Parchment Paper
Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
13×18 Jelly Roll Pan
Grill or Grill Pan
1. Remove dough from fridge and rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
2. Line grill or grill pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and preheat to medium-high heat. Toss zucchini with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 6 minutes, turning once, until zucchini is lightly charred and tender. Allow to cool and cut into ¼-inch pieces; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 420F.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Line a 13×18-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal. Dust wax paper with flour and stretch pizza dough with your hands, using more flour as needed, until ½-inch thick and about the size of the pan. Transfer dough to the parchment paper lined pan.
6. Brush pizza dough evenly with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle half the mozzarella and parmesan cheese onto crust and top with sweet potato slices and zucchini. Add the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, then the tomato and feta. Bake in lower 1/3 of oven for about 20 minutes until crust is golden brown on the bottom.
Breakfast Potato Skins Ingredients
Serves 4 Hands-on Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 C 2% or Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 ½ C Low-Fat Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Johnsonville Original Breakfast Sausage Links
- 3 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- 6 Eggs, Whisked
- 1 Ripe Avocado, Diced
Announced Canadian Better Living Featuring Dr. Marla Shapiro
Delray Beach, FL., Highly-acclaimed physician and health advisor, Dr. Marla Shapiro, appears as a special guest for the upcoming episode of the Canadian Better Living television series. This special edition program is scheduled to air nationally on CTV, Saturday, March 1st at 11:30 am and on Food Network, Saturday, March 15th at 8:00 am, as secured independent programming. Now in its third year, the half-hour program explores the most important issues and topics related to Canadians’ health and well-being.
This upcoming episode includes a special report titled, “Understanding & Identifying Vaginal Infections,” which explores how women are now able to self-test with VagiSense® to get a better understanding regarding the potential cause of their abnormal vaginal symptoms, announced Patty Sayer, Executive Producer of the series.