What’s Cooking this Week on In The Kitch?
Category Archives: Desserts
Brie and Apple Tart Ingredients:
1 225g Sheet Butter Puff Pastry, Thawed and Laid Flat
1 Tub Spreadable Brie, Softened
2 to 3 Medium Apples, Unpeeled (Royal Gala or Granny Smith)
2 Tbsp Sugar
Rosemary Syrup Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Water
Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed1-2 Tsp Rosemary, Finely Chopped (More for Scattering)
Brie and Apple Tart Directions:
Heat the oven to 375°F.
Lay the pastry on a baking sheet, still on its paper. Spread the surface generously with the softened brie. Leave the apples unpeeled and cut into 4 sections, similar to cutting the cheeks of mangos. Thinly slice the apples, chopping until you have enough to cover the pastry. Slightly overlapping, arrange the apples on top of ng the brie, and finish by sprinkling the apples with sugar. Bake until the pastry is puffed up and golden and the apples are soft, about 25-30 minutes.
While the tart bakes, put the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until the syrup coats a spoon, about 10 minutes, depending on how fast you’re boiling. Keep an eye on it.
Remove the tart from the oven. Drizzle the syrup over the tart using a spoon. Cut into little squares, and serve!
• Butter for Baking Sheet
• Flour for Baking Sheet (Club House Gluten Free Rice Flour Can Be Used as a Substitute)
• ½ Tsp. Club House Caramel Extract (French Vanilla or Lemon Extract Can Be Used as a Substitute)
• 1 Large Pinch Club House Ground Cinnamon
• 1 C Billy Bee Honey
• 4 ½ C Blanched Hazelnuts
• 8 Egg Whites, Room Temperature
• Cake Mate Cookie Icings
• Cake Mate Scribblers
• Cake Mate Décors
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Butter and flour a baking sheet.
3. In a food processor with the blade attachment, finely chop the nuts.
4. Beat the egg whites to a soft peak in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment or in a bowl using a handheld electric mixer, then add the nuts. Next, add cinnamon, honey, and the caramel extract. Mix to incorporate and use a flat spatula to transfer the contents of the bowl to a large pot. Cook on stove top over low heat for 5-10 minutes to dry the dough out a bit.
5. Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, form small balls of dough and drop them onto the buttered, floured baking sheet. Next, lay wax paper over the cookies and using a rolling pin or a flat surface, gently spread thin.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cookies turn golden brown. Once they look crisp, let them rest on a cooling rack, or forget that and eat them right away, while they are still hot, with milk.
7. Use cookie icing, scribbler gels and décor to decorate the cookies.
Dark Chocolate Cake with Stawberry Buttercream Icing
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract or Paste
- 1/2 C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 C Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 C 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 C Hot Water
- 1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Dark Chocolate Mint Mason Jar Cakes
- 1 Can Cake Mate Buttercream Cupcake White Icing
- 1 Container Cake Mate Décors
- 1 C Billy Bee Honey
- 1 ½ Tsp Club House Pure Peppermint and Mint Extract
- 1 C All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- ½ C + 2 Tbsp Unsalted Softened Butter, Plus Additional for Greasing Jars
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ C Plain 2% Yogurt
- 12 Half Pint Size Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- 4 Wooden Skewers
- 4 Medium Granny Smith Green Apples
- 45 Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Evaporated Milk or 1 Tbsp of 35% Cream
- 12 Werther’s Original Chocolate Crunch Caramels, Finely Chopped
- 1/3 C Candied Ginger, Finely Chopped
Caramel Almond Sugar Cookies
- Makes about 1 1/2 dozen
- ½ C Chilled Unsalted Butter, Diced
- ½ C White Sugar
- Werther’s Soft Caramels, Cut into 8-10 Small Pieces Each
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ C All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt