Amarula Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce:
Ingredients – Serves 6
1 C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
½ C Panko Bread Crumbs, Toasted (See Instructions Below)
½ Tsp Sea Salt, Plus Additional to Taste
1 Large Egg
½ C Amarula, Divided
2 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
1 Lb Peeled and Deveined Extra-Large Shrimp, Tail-on, Patted Dry
1 Large Ripe Mango, Diced (or 1 ½ C Diced Frozen Mango, Defrosted)
1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Honey
½ Tsp Hot Sauce, or More to Taste (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine toasted panko bread crumbs, coconut and salt. In a second large bowl, whisk together the egg, ¼ cup of Amarula and flour until combined.
3. Working a few shrimp at a time, dredge shrimp in Amarula mixture, letting excess drain off. Then dredge shrimp in panko/coconut mixture, gently pressing to adhere and turning to coat on all sides. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining shrimp.
4. Mist shrimp with cooking spray and bake for about 10 minutes until coating is golden and shrimp are cooked through.
5. While shrimp are baking, prepare sauce. In a small food processor or blender, combine mango, remaining Amarula, lime juice, honey and hot sauce (if desired). Season with salt And serve alongside shrimp for dipping.
Toasted Panko Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss about 3 cups of panko breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of sea salt until combined.
2. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and mist with cooking spray.
3. Mix and mist again to evenly coat crumbs. Bake for 5-8 minutes until panko is medium golden brown. Panko will keep in a sealed container for up to 3 months.