Monthly Archives: August 2014
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 Pizza Dough (1 1/2 Lbs)
½ C Flour (for Dusting)
1 Large Zucchini, Sliced into ¼-inch Thick Strips
3 Tbsp Olive Oil, Divided
2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
½ Tsp Sea Salt, Plus Additional to Taste
¼ Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Plus Additional to Taste
2 Tbsp Fine Cornmeal
1 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
¼ C Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
½ Large Sweet Potato, Peeled & Thinly Sliced
1 Large Plum Tomato, Seeded and Diced
½ C Crumbled Feta Cheese
Reynolds Parchment Paper
Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
13×18 Jelly Roll Pan
Grill or Grill Pan
1. Remove dough from fridge and rest at room temperature for 30-60 minutes.
2. Line grill or grill pan with heavy duty aluminum foil and preheat to medium-high heat. Toss zucchini with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 6 minutes, turning once, until zucchini is lightly charred and tender. Allow to cool and cut into ¼-inch pieces; set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 420F.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Line a 13×18-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal. Dust wax paper with flour and stretch pizza dough with your hands, using more flour as needed, until ½-inch thick and about the size of the pan. Transfer dough to the parchment paper lined pan.
6. Brush pizza dough evenly with olive oil mixture. Sprinkle half the mozzarella and parmesan cheese onto crust and top with sweet potato slices and zucchini. Add the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, then the tomato and feta. Bake in lower 1/3 of oven for about 20 minutes until crust is golden brown on the bottom.
• 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
• 3 Green Onions, Julienned
• 250 g Johnsonville Hot Italian Ground Sausage
• 1 Thumb-Size Piece Galangal OR Ginger, Grated
• 1/2 to 1 C Shredded Cabbage
• 1/2 C Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
• 1 Pkg Spring Roll Wrappers
• 1 Carrot, Julienned
• 1 Red Chili, Minced (if Desired)
• 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 2 C Bean Sprouts
• 4 Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
• Vegetable Oil for Deep Frying
Stir Fry Liquid Ingredients
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
• 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Add the soy sauce to quickly marinate the sausage.
2. In a wok, add oil; when it’s very hot, add the green onions, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the sausage and stir fry for 2 minutes on high.
4. Add the carrots, mushrooms, and cabbage and continue to cook for 1 minute, then add the stir fry liquid and red chili (if desired).
5. Mix in the bean sprouts and cilantro.
6. Remove from heat
7. Add a little bit of water to the outside edges of the spring roll wrapper.
8. Add about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture per spring roll wrapper. Take a corner of the spring roll and wrap around mixture, tucking the mixture in tightly as you roll. Fry the spring rolls at 180° C till golden brown and serve with a sweet chili sauce and fresh greens.
500g Minced Johnsonville Original Ground Pork
1 Small Onion, Finely Diced
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1/2 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
2 Tbsp Milk
75g Fresh Breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
Seasoning to Taste
Cilantro Springs (to Garnish)
1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
4 Cardamom Cods, Crushed
1 Stalk Lemongrass, Trimmed & Smashed
1 Tsp Dried Chili Flakes
1 Knob Ginger, Peeled & Grated
300 Ml Chicken Stock
300 Ml Coconut Milk
100 Ml Water
1 to 2 Limes, Zested & Juiced
Sweat the onion down with half the oil and cook down with no colour till soft, add garlic then chili flakes. Place the meat into a cold bowl. Add the sautéed onion mixture, breadcrumbs, milk, and fresh cilantro. Mix thoroughly. Make as many golf ball size meatballs as you can from the mixture. Chill and reshape (optional). Heat the remaining oil and sauté the meatballs for 5 minutes or until brown on all sides, then remove from the pan.
In the same pan, toast the turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, lemongrass, chili, lime and ginger for several minutes. Add the stock, coconut milk, and water and bring to a boil. Add the meatballs and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the meatballs and strain.
Season the liquid with salt, lime zest and juice and garnish.